This article is about “Falling down stairs injuries”, you can find here a huge variety of articles about “Falling down stairs injuries”:
It may seem fairly silly to have an article about avoiding taking a tumble down the stairs, but believe it or not, “falls” are among the leading causes of injuries in the home. They occur primarily in the bathroom (getting in and out of the tub with a wet floor, etc.), but also on the stairs. If it is such ‘common sense’ to avoid the falls, then why are falls so common?
Here are some tips to stay safe:
1. Use the handrail. This is so obvious it is ridiculous. But in the event you do slip, which does happen, you can catch yourself before you take a tumble. Housing code requires that stairs have a built in handrail…for good reason.
2. Slow down. Going up or down the steps should not be a race. Moving quickly on the steps is asking for trouble. And feel free to take the steps one at a time, even if you are spry enough to do more than that. This is especially true on the way down.
3. Keep the steps clear of clutter. Many folks place items on the steps “to be carried up next time”. But they pose a danger for folks coming down. That is also assuming that whoever goes up the next time will actually carry the items up. It is better to place the items near the steps, rather than on the steps themselves.
4. Turn on the lights! It’s easier to avoid falling if you can see where to step.
5. Do you have big feet? Do the steps seem small? Turn sideways a bit as you go up and down so you get your entire foot on the stair tread. If you step down with your toes hanging off each stair, you risk falling.
6. Take extra trips. Do not pile up a load of laundry or other items so big that you cannot safely make it up or down the steps. Make an extra trip and stay safe!
Slipping can also happen by wearing socks on hardwood stairs. If you must wear socks around the house, then put stair tread carpet on the steps for traction. Stair tread rugs are individual rugs that adhere to the steps.
More info about Falling down stairs injuries:
Fatal, FatBurning, Father, Fatloss, Fats, fatten, Fatties, Favorite, Fear, Fears, Features, Featuring, Feed, Feeding, Feel, FEELING, Fees, female, Females, Ferrigno, Ferruggia, Fiber, Fibromyalgia, Fight, Fighters, Figure, Filmed, Fimbriata , Final ….. trance, tranformation, Traning, Transform, transformation, TransformationBody, TransformationMUST, Transformations, Transforms, transitioning, Trapezius, Traps, Trash, Travel, Traveling, Treadmill, Treatment, Treatments …
many things like skin care, inflammation, lowering cholesterol, lowering blood sugar, asthma, menstrual relief, rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, and gastritis. A lot of people use this product for the same reasons that a person would use fish oil, flax oil or other … Alternative Health Supplements offers a product called Krill Oil Rx. In Fish oil Omega-3 fatty acids are present as DHA and EPA in triglycerides, where Krill oil they are present as phospholipids. …
… allergic, Allergy, AllergyFree, alleviate, allies, Allnatural, allow, allowed, allows, AllSolar, allusions, almost, along, Alpha18, already, Also, alternacig, Alternative, Alternatives, Although, Altria, aluminum, Always, Amazing, Amazingly ….. Fibromyalgia, Fibrosis, Fiction, field, fight, Fighting, figure, Figuring, File, fill, filling, film, Filter, filters, Finally, Finance, Financial, find, finding, finding/buying/trying/, Findings, Finds, fine, Fingers, Finish …
From relief of postoperative pain and chemo-therapy nausea and vomiting to treatment for addiction, headache, menstrual cramps, tennis elbow, fibromyalgia, myofascial pain, osteoarthritis, low back pain, and carpal tunnel syndrome, studies have … says Louis Kiwala, LAc, MTOM(Master of Traditional Oriental Medicine), director of the New York Center for Acupuncture and Alternative Medicine and co-founder of the Institute for Advanced Pain Management in New York City. …
Technorati and Ingboo have partnered together to provide an all new kind of subscription experience for Technorati content, including search results. Look for a blue Ingboo icon for a full range of subscription options.
Feeds are also available for:
We also have channel feeds, writer feeds, and tag feeds, which can be found on their respective pages.
Natural cure for fibromyalgia is much preferred by fibromyalgia patients because it is a safer alternative compared to traditional medications. Traditional medications have a hard time treating fibromyalgia symptoms. …
… Alexey, Alimentos, Allan, AllBlacks, Alleviate, Alloy, allstarhouston.m4v, allstarhouston.wmv, Almost, Aloe, Alpha, Already, Alternate, alternating, Alternative, Alternatives, Alvino, Always, Amazing, Amazingly, AMAZON, America, American …. Fatal, FatBurning, Father, Fatloss, Fats, fatten, Fatties, Favorite, Fear, Fears, Features, Featuring, Feed, Feeding, Feel, FEELING, Fees, female, Females, Ferrigno, Ferruggia, Fiber, Fibromyalgia, Fight, Fighters, Figure, Filmed …
This post was mainly about Falling down stairs injuries, you are welcomed to comment here about Falling down stairs injuries.
- Related Blogs on Falling down stairs injuries
- Stair Injuries and Liability « lawyer box blog
- My 10 month old fell down the stairs. How long after a fall like …
- Workplace Injuries and How to Avoid Them | Illinois Workers …
- Slip, Trip, Fall Personal Injury Claim | Personal Injury Doctor